Day & Nance represents elderly persons in Las Vegas or Southern Nevada who have been victimized or abused. As one of the more vulnerable populations, seniors often depend on the assistance of others to provide for their daily needs. Unfortunately, many elderly people suffer abuse, neglect, and exploitation at the hands of family members, caretakers, and others.
Elder abuse refers to the entire class of mistreatment experienced by seniors:
- Physical Abuse. It includes physical abuse, such as when a person hits, kicks or inflicts physical pain on a senior.
- Emotional Abuse. It also includes emotional abuse, such as when a person inflicts psychological or mental anguish on a senior by threatening, intimidating, or humiliating a senior.
- Sexual Abuse. Elder abuse also includes sexual abuse, meaning any non-consensual sexual contact with a senior.
- Neglect. Besides overt physical and mental abuse, elder abuse also includes neglect by a caretaker, such as when a caretaker failure to provide the senior with food or medical care.
- Financial Abuse. Lastly, elder abuse also includes various forms of financial abuse and material exploitation by people who use the resources of a senior for their own benefit without consent.
Contact us to learn about Nevada laws that protect seniors from elder abuse. If you are a concerned friend or relative of an elderly person you believe is enduring elder abuse in Las Vegas or southern Nevada, call us at 800-906-9138 or 702-309-3333 to set up a free consultation.