Injuries to Minors
Young people experience a higher rate of injuries than adults. To recover compensation for their injuries, those under the age of 18 generally must have an adult, parent or guardian file a lawsuit on their behalf.
Some types of injuries are more likely to involve minors:
- playground injuries involving falls or unsafe playground equipment,
- burns or smoke inhalation involving lighters, matches, house fires or fireworks,
- drownings, diving injuries, and other pool-related accidents,
- whiplash, head trauma and other injuries from car and other vehicular accidents, and
- accidental poisonings from the ingestion of paint chips, cleaning solutions, medicines, cosmetics, personal care products, and plants.
Unfortunately, some childhood accidents result in serious disability and the need for long-term care. Providing long-term care can be extraordinarily expensive. Filing a personal injury lawsuit on behalf of the minor is one way to address some of these costs.
If you are a parent or guardian of a young person who has suffered severe injury in Las Vegas or Southern Nevada, we welcome your call. Contact us online or call us at 800-906-9138 or 702-309-3333 to set up a free consultation to discuss your legal options.